Tuesday, March 3, 2015

God cares about you...here's proof.

Birds             Bread             Flowers             Fish

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matthew 6:26

God cares. This is the message of Jesus...and he was hated for it.

Why?


There is no control or manipulation in His teaching. Religious leaders of Jesus' day (and many in ours) relished the control they had over people. 



There are really only two motives for action: love and fear. Fear focuses on consequences. Love focuses on connection.

Jesus' example and words focus squarely on love for God and others.
Matthew 22:37-40

Jesus made a distinction between being religious (fear motivation) and having a relationship with God (love motivation). Understanding the difference, and being motivated by gracious love for God and others, is the pathway to more joy.

How different would life be if we navigated our days with a deep belief that God is always near and profoundly cares for us? Consider his words from the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7).

9“You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? 10Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! 11So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.



28“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?


Every good father does three things for his children: he cares, guides, and provides. Children sometimes rebel against the guidance of good fathers. When it comes to our heavenly Father, we all have.

23For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. 24Yet God freely and graciously declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins. Romans 3:23-24


A good father makes a way for a wayward child to come home, should they choose to do so. 

We can come home through faith in Christ, to the joy of our Father.

Father,
I know I have sinned and gone my own way. Thank you for making the way for me to come back to you. I receive all that Jesus did for me. He paid the price for my rebellion with His loving sacrifice. He gave his perfect life for me, so that I could give my imperfect life to you. Please make something beautiful out of my life and help me love others the same way that you love me. Amen.

If you want further information on life with God, feel free to email me at: restorationchurch.tim@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment